Thursday, June 30, 2011

Here Kitty, Kitty....

For all the animal lovers out there this is a quick and easy project to make a treat jar for your beloved pet(s). I started with an old jar I already had around the house and used templates I found on another craft site for the paw prints and wording. I didn't like the cat images the craft site provided so I took matters into my own hands and found a Victorian image more to my liking. I also didn't have any spray adhesive on hand so I used a quick set tacky glue to secure the image to the glass jar and it worked perfectly.

Once I had the image in place I put two coats of Mod Podge on the image as a sealer. Using the templates I found online I taped the images to the inside of the jar and with a fine tipped pen traced the paw prints and wording onto the jar. Please allow proper drying time as it will take some time for the ink to dry on the glass surface. The entire project took less than an hour and was created from a jar I already had around the house! I loved the way the cat treat jar turned out so I intend to make another for dog treats as well once I find the perfect jar.

Finished product.

Here's the image I used.


Here doggy.....

  Treat jar for the dog.

Image I used for the doggie treat jar.

Yeah... my pets are pretty spoiled, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment