Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easter Doo-Dad

Yesterday was primarily a waste of what could have been useful time and I spent most of the day staring at various craft supplies and pondering craft inspirations. As the sun was beginning to set I finally got around to actually making something and not just thinking of making something. I wasn't sure what to call my creation since it doesn't serve any real function. It's basically just a pretty.... a doo-dad as the old folks might call it.

I know you're asking yourself the same thing I've been asking myself. "So, what is it again?" A day later and I'm still not sure. I took an empty ribbon spool, some craft foam, fine glitter, some pink Easter grass, and a few Victorian images I found online and created a little Easter pretty. I suppose its sole function is to sit and be pretty. People buy porcelain what-nots for the same purpose so why not create a craft that has no purpose other than to be pretty. Here's the finished doo-dad, whatnot, what have you....


I don't know why, but the the curled ribbon looks coral in the above picture. It isn't. It's a deep rose pink color which can be seen in the following photo. I tried several different settings on my camera to take photos of this doo-dad, but most settings produced a blurry image and the only setting that didn't discolored the ribbon. Putting both images together should be able to give you a better mental image of the actual coloring of the craft. I'm beginning to think it's time for a new camera.


So while it serves no real function I think it can still be appreciated for artistic effort. What could have turned into a major craft fail morphed into an actual craft. So what if it doesn't open to reveal little secrets inside. This is the little craft that could. The little craft that didn't need any surprises. It's just pretty. It doesn't need to be anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment